Yesterday, Jan 23, 2020, I found out a friend of mine from HS passed away. He was only 52 years old. In my opinion, that’s way too young to pass on. He was one of the nicest guys you’d ever want to meet. He was friendly, caring and a jokster. Everyone that met him loved him. He really cared about everyone. That in it’s self should make us all take pause and reflect what kind of person we are. I had lost contact with him for over 20 years and when we reconnected on Facebook, it was as if we’d never lost touch. He was still just as encouraging as ever. From all the FB posts I’ve read about him since yesterday, I’m seeing a common theme; he always reached out to those he hadn’t heard from or seen for a short bit. He’d just check in to make sure they were doing alright. Selah…pause and calmly think about that.
Why did I mention all of that? Trust me, I’m going somewhere. In this life, there are very few guarantees. Let’s talk about those for a minute.
- Death-we all one day will die. Unless Jesus returns before that day.
- Jesus will return!-no man, woman or child knows the day and hour which He will return, but He will! Please take time to read Matthew 24.
- Change-I did a previous blog on change. Suffice it to say, change is a guarantee, it’s inevitable. No matter how much we fight it or don’t like it, it’s going to happen.
- Judgement Day!-whether you believe there will be a judgement day or not doesn’t make it any less of a guarantee. Judgement day is coming for all. It’s my prayer and hope that when you see Jesus face-to-face, He will have known you. Notice, I didn’t say that you will have known Him but that He will have known you. See Matthew 7
- You will be remembered-how will you be remembered? Will your character speak good or bad of you? If you’re reading this then it’s not too late to change if you need to.
If you do not have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, please feel free to reach out to me. I’d love to introduce you to Him. Life is so much better when He’s in it!
Blessings, Lori Lyn